Northwest Nurse Practitioner Associates (NNPA) provides comprehensive primary care medical services from the adolescent to the geriatric population. Our model is unique. As a primary care provider, or PCP we provide quality patient care by developing relationships with a focus on disease prevention. We have discovered cancer, blood disorders, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disease and more, all during routine physicals.
A PCP is your entry point into the health care system and the manager of your health. During a complete physical exam, a full medical history is performed including your family health history and any medical concerns you might have are addressed. Screening blood work and diagnostic tests are initiated based on your needs and current guidelines. You and your Nurse Practitioner work together as team to prevent disease, diagnose, and/or treat disease early.
To become a Primary Care patient of Northwest Nurse Practitioner Associates you must schedule a complete physical exam which includes screening and/or diagnostic tests per your age group. We value the relationship between provider and patient. The Primary Care package fee includes this Physical. Once you are a patient, we do ask that you complete routine physicals based on your age group to maintain this relationship, this allows us to stay on top of any changes in your health or recommend screenings that may be needed as you age.
Some of the benefits of being one of our Primary Care patients:
- We do not double book appointments.
- Comprehensive quality care from start to finish. The Nurse Practitioner is with the patient the entire visit from vital signs to exam, diagnosis, treatment and ordering of testing if needed.
- All tests ordered are ALWAYS reviewed with the patient and given through the Portal in full review or by phone or in person if needed.
- 24-hour call coverage for urgent needs after hours that cannot wait until we re-open.
- We are on the Medical Staff at Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital to maintain care through hospitalization or collaborate with Hospitalists and/or specialists as needed.
- The most advanced and user friendly Electronic Medical record:
- Schedule your appointment online, on your time.
- Secure Messaging to your NP or other staff members.
- View your own chart – lab tests, imaging, vaccines, vitals, prescriptions and more.
- Prescriptions can be E- prescribed directly to your pharmacy.
- Insurance reimbursement forms are auto-completed after your visit and ready for you to submit to your insurance company or employer.
Northwest Nurse Practitioner Associates’ Practitioners will refer to specialists when needed, including using holistic care if desired and appropriate for the problem. If other diagnostic tests are needed such as an x-ray, your Nurse Practitioner will refer you to area radiology sites within your insurance plan.
Once registered for our Portal you will be able to view these package Agreements and all questionnaires needed to prior to the appointment. If you are ready for our care, then please contact the Administrative team either through the patient Portal, phone or the Contact Us page for current package fee rates. We will not charge you or confirm an appointment until you have agreed to the fee, and reviewed everything needed for your first appointment.
In addition to our Board Certification as Nurse Practitioners in Primary Care, Northwest Nurse Practitioner Associates also holds Certification for Functional Medicine through The Institute for Functional Medicine and for Travel Medicine through The International Society of Travel Medicine.
We look forward to meeting you and becoming a partner in your health care plan.